You’re late for an important meeting and everyone’s waiting. Suddenly, you can’t think straight. Your heart’s beating fast and you’re getting a headache. Your muscles tense, you feel like you’ve been hit by a truck and you just got real cranky. It’s called stress, and it’s a growing issue for people around the world.
Stress and anxiety translate external situations into internal reactions – both physical and mental. And they can be debilitating. They not only affect the now – with all the above impacts and more – but can have a long-term impact on your health and life expectancy. All these reasons and more are why we are excited to tell you about TouchPoints, the revolutionary approach to managing stress and anxiety.
While stress is universal, the way you manifest it is highly personal. This means that TouchPoints™ can be used in different ways for a variety of cases.
Many people use TouchPoints for 15 minutes in the morning to start their day off calm and leveled and for 15 minutes before bedtime to improve their sleep. Some people also like using their TouchPoints for 15-20 in minutes when they are feeling stressed or anticipate being in a stressful situation. Others, like those with sensory issues such as Autism, wear TouchPoints for hours at a time to stay calm and focused.
Your stress is as unique as you are. If you aren't sure when you should be using your TouchPoints, take a look at our Encyclopedia of Uses for suggestions on how to use TouchPoints in a variety of situations. Try using them in some of these ways and see what works best for you!Encyclopedia of Uses
When you first receive your devices, charge them overnight for optimal results.
TouchPoints can't reduce your stress if you're not in a stressful state to begin with! The first time you use your TouchPoints, complete the TouchPoint Challenge, which simulates a stressful situation, to understand how TouchPoints are actively reducing your stress.
Here’s how you can take the challenge:
1. Think of an event that was particularly stressful for you. On a scale of 0-10, rate the stress level you feel now when thinking of the event.
2. While thinking about the event, notice your body sensations. Where in your body do you feel the stress (i.e. upset stomach, chest tightness)? On a scale of 0-10, rate the intensity of the body sensation now.
3. Turn your TouchPoints on, we suggest using the blue setting.
4. Continue to focus on the stressful event while your TouchPoints are on.
5. After 30 seconds, turn the TouchPoints off and rate the stress of the event again using a 1-10 scale and rate the intensity of the body sensations using a 1-10 scale.
If you did not feel a significant reduction in stress, turn the TouchPoints again and repeat the challenge until you feel stress relief.
Congratulations, you have just completed the TouchPoint Challenge!