The TouchPoints™ Challenge is built into the setup of every new TouchPoints™ original kit.
After your phone initially pairs with TouchPoints™, the app will prompt you to follow the steps below. Anyone with TouchPoints™ basic can follow along and do the TouchPoints™ challenge without the app!
- Think about an upsetting life event that is about a 6 or 7 on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is zero feeling or stress about an event and 10 is the most upset you can imagine.
- Then see if you can feel a body sensation when you think about the upsetting situation and rate how intense that sensation is on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is no sensation and 10 is the most intense sensation you can imagine.
- Notice or write down the numbers you associate with the upsetting life event.
- Use the app to turn on your TouchPoints™ original on the preset “Reduce Stress Now” setting and keep thinking about the upsetting life event. Or, use the medium speed setting on TouchPoints™ basic.
- Wait about 30 seconds and then rate how your body sensation changed and how upsetting the situation now feels on the same 0 to 10 scale.
- If it’s gone, congratulations! If it’s lower, but not gone, keep thinking about the situation until it feels like it’s not upsetting.
- Then turn your TouchPoints™ off and see how upset you can become about the life situation.
Our research shows that in less than 1 minute, at least 60% of the upset resolves and it does not return when the original situation was rated with an intensity of 7 or less. If the intensity is 8 or higher, it may take longer for TouchPoints™ to produce calm, so be patient and allow them to work.